Monday, February 16, 2009





 "Guardian of Broken Hearts"
An OOAK Art Doll Sculpt
by Sue Barton of Barton Originals

 
Although not a miniature doll, I fell in love with Sue's doll, "Guardian of Broken Hearts", and had to share it with readers of my blog. 

Sue wrote, "My thinking behind this is that often when one's heart is broken, we try to hide it.  It is like a guardian takes it and protects it for us...however at times we can't help but let the World see - thus, the open skirt.  She is sculpted from polymer clay and affixed to a modified vintage birdcage.  The hearts in her basket are also polymer clay.  She is dressed in vintage silk and antique lace trim.  Her hair is Tibetan mohair.  She stands approximately 12" tall."

To see more of her beautiful Art Dolls, visit her website: http://www.bartonoriginals.com/
 

5 comments:

Sue said...

What a lovely surprise to see my Guardian on your delightful blog GUM! Thank you SO much! I'm so
honoured!

*smiles*

Sue

GOLDEN UNICORN MINIATURES said...

She's a beauty, Sue. You're welcome!

Homeopath said...

Just found your blog..... Interesting.....I’ll be back to read more.

GOLDEN UNICORN MINIATURES said...

Thank you for leaving this comment. I am now following your informative blog.

MiniMadWoman said...

Oh, what a wonderful doll! I just love the concept . . . how original! I love it!