Wednesday, February 11, 2009


A "Thank You" to:
Marlene and John

For three years I was given the opportunity to be a Moderator in a special forum overflowing with members of some of the World's finest Artisans of Dollhouse Miniatures...CDHM. Yesterday, I resigned from that position. I'm still a member tho! :)

Today, I want to publicly thank the Founders of CDHM (Custom Dolls, Houses & Miniatures), Marlene and John for everything they have done for me.

Marlene found me selling my minis on eBay many years ago and invited me to join an eBay dollhouse miniature group. I was thrilled! At that time I was a 24/7 caretaker for my Father and was not able to do much away from the house because of his poor health. Marlene had given me the opportunity to save my sanity and 'get away from it all' via her group. Not having any forum/chat experience back then I was a little intimidated at first but soon got used to the ins and outs of posting and very much enjoyed the commaradarie and friendships which developed over time.

A couple years later Marlene designed and 'opened' CDHM.org which today is one of the World's finest International sites for dollhouse miniature artisans and collectors. CDHM.org began as only a private forum. Since then it has grown by leaps and bounds from just a forum into a thriving marketing venture. The forum is still there - a huge forum - as well as now having a Gallery with artists' portfolios featuring the individual member's art.

Having been given the opportunity to be a forum Moderator gave me insight into what made CDHM.org tick...mostly Marlene with a lot of help from John, CDHM.org's computer guru. I also learned a lot from both of them about marketing, selling, business tactics, self-confidence, how to mix fun with business, computers, and friendship.

So...a HUGE "Thank you!" to Marlene and John for everything. Both of you are a rare gem!

**********************************************************
Pay CDHM a visit and join if you are a miniaturist and/or collector of dollhouse miniatures. CDHM ROCKS!!

http://www.cdhm.org/

No comments: